Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's hard to believe

It is hard to believe I took these photos 6 weeks ago this morning, February 14th, 2012.  I was on my way to work.  I remember being in a 'funny' mood that day because we were going to put Emma down and I was sad about that, but was also in such a thankful mood. Thankful for my family... we had a "family date" planned for the evening... Red Lobster and Cold Stone and I was really looking forward to it and thankful for the beauty that was surrounding me. I recall thinking that the trees were SO pretty.  They were covered with a coating of ice and snow crystals.  Everywhere I looked I was in awe of God's wonders and His glorious creation.  I was running late that day and I still decided to stop on the road and snap a few photos.... I wish I could have a morning like that again.  A morning when I could get up and take joy in the day.  A time when I could be so carefree that I stopped to enjoy the beauty of life.  A time when I truly saw the world through rose colored glasses.  I can hardly remember what it used to feel like, before the sting of death crept into our lives.  It's hard to believe that 6 weeks ago today, only hours after taking these photos, my son took his last breath on his own.  It's hard to believe how cruel life can be.  It's hard to believe!


 “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die..." John 11:23-26

"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." Psalm 9:9

No comments:

Post a Comment