Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Hurt and the Healer

A friend sent this song to me, The Hurt and the Healer by Mercy Me.  When I listened to it for the first time, I felt like it was written for me... like I wanted to say to them, "How did you know?! Who told you?"  There are some songs that I enjoy having on in the background to kill the silence and then there are songs that I listen to that I know the words will change me and help me heal.  This is one of those songs! Here is the song and a few of the first verses... 

Why?
The question that is never far away
 
The healing doesn’t come from the explained
Jesus please don’t let this go in vain
You’re all I have
All that remains


So here I am
What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I’m alive 
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide




The Hurt and the Healer ~ Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment