Monday, May 21, 2012

A "soul" vacation

Vacations are good for the body... spending time with family who love you and support you unconditionally is great for your soul!  After spending a long weekend in California for my cousin's wedding, I am once again overwhelmed with how blessed I am.  I was able to spend quality time with some of the people I love the most in this world. There were a multitude of reasons to be thankful this past weekend.  The views alone were spectacular and were a great change of scenery... there were times when I would be looking over the ocean and I would get chills. I often felt surrounded in God's embrace and at the risk of sounding crazy, I felt surrounded by Declan.  I looked upon the scenery and was in awe of this world.... my heart was filled with admiration at what God can do.... so why couldn't I have felt Declan? Would that have been out of the realm of possibilities for God to do? I don't know think so... I know I felt Dex...I would be thinking of him, thinking that I could sense his presence and I would break out in goosebumps.  It felt calm and wonderful and satisfying.  Even though Dex wasn't with me physically, he was with me in spirit and in my heart.   It felt good to be on vacation... I didn't know how much I needed to be reminded of all the wondrous things that still exist.  I needed to feel overwhelmed by the worlds beauty.  I needed to be surrounded by family and remember that I am still me and am still loved.  I needed to allow myself and my soul to take a deep breath, to kick off my shoes, and to be free.  I needed to feel surrounded by God's love and Declan's presence.  As much as I needed that break from reality, I also needed to come home... I needed to wrap my arms around my children.  I needed to kiss them and laugh with them and remember that the BEST and most BEAUTIFUL things in this world aren't things at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment