Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The 12th week

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine,
and man cannot live without love.
Flowers whisper what words cannot say


I have been so blessed to have many friends and family who have supported me through my journey of grief.  I have cried on their shoulders, looked to them for laughs, and have flipped my lid while they listened. In the midst of my storm, God has given me these people to use and turn to in my time of need.  This week has been hard, it is the 12th week... Saturday IS 12 weeks, 4 days...  Declan was 12 weeks and 4 days old when he passed away.... meaning, the first day that Declan will have been gone longer than he was present in my life will be mothers day.  What a cruel, unkind trick....it doesn't seem fair... but what does lately!? Thank God I have friends and family who have shown their support for me and without having to be reminded of my anxiety about this week, have sought me out to make sure I am doing ok!  Thank you to my many many friends and thank you, Jen, for the beautiful flowers you gave me yesterday! I have found myself staring at them multiple times when I am experiencing overwhelming emotions!  I am humbled by all of YOU....

1 comment:

  1. oh, Holle i am so sorry. mother's day will be one day further from his earthly life, but one day closer to the day you'll hold him forever in heaven. love to you

    ReplyDelete