Thursday, February 14, 2013

The promise


To me, there is nothing 'happy' about today... there is NOT one reason to celebrate. Valentine's day never was that important of a holiday to me, but it holds even less value now.... Now it is the day my son died.  The day my life as I once knew it ended... the day I realized that life can change in the blink of an eye... the day life knocked me down and laughed in my face.... but slowly, after time I have come to realize that because of God's LOVE and God's gift - God's promise to me that I will see my son again.  My hope that the pain of this world will end and we will reunite in Heaven is now where I draw my strength.... the promise I hold on tightly to.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you today. Monday is our Carter's one year angelversary. Hoping you can remember the joy you had with him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sitting here in my living room wishing that things were different....not understanding His ways. hugs to you, holle.

    ReplyDelete