Monday, August 13, 2012

What would YOU do?

What would you do if someone told you that tomorrow would be your last day with your child?  Would you be able to hold yourself together enough to do anything?  Would you take your child on a day filled with adventures and make sure it was a day full of 'living' at it's fullest?  Would you tell anyone or would you keep them all to yourself for the remaining time?  Would you hold them all day and night? Would you pile everyone into the same bed and make it a slumber party?  Would you tell them repeatedly how much you love them and how special they are to you?  Would you make sure they knew that you were a better person because they were a part of your life?  Would you take them to church, would you tell them about heaven and prepare them for the next day?  Would you cook them their favorite meal or take them out to eat... what would you do if you knew tonight was their last?  Most parents don't get to know that... we didn't.  Six months ago tonight was a night probably much like yours tonight... ordinary.   We didn't know that tomorrow our son would die.  We didn't know, six months ago tonight, that we would never sit around the living room watching TV as a complete family again.  We didn't know... how normal that night was.... I can't help but wondering what I would have done differently if I had known... its unimaginable.  I wouldn't have put him down and I would have had a hard time sharing him... I would have cherished every second of his life that I had left... I would have whispered my unending love to him as much as I could have.... I would've .... Oh, it doesn't matter I suppose.... I can't believe it's been six months tomorrow since my innocence was shattered and my world was forever altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment